Tuesday 24 January 2012

The importance of support

I was asked today to be part of a morning 5k. Nothing much, it was actually for a colleague who has just got into running and we wanted to support him. Personally I would have wanted to do a longer run and faster too, but I think it's important to support others and create sporting bonds with other athletes.

It would have meant a lot to him for us all to be there running and supporting him.

However, that didn't happen. The organiser of the event somehow managed to leave me behind. Maybe it was a mistake and maybe it was childish behaviour. I'll find that out and I'll have words either way. I guess the important part is that support comes in all shapes and sizes and being left out is one of the worst ways to not express it.

It means I'll be more hesitant the next time an offer comes around, which is pretty sad. 

No comments:

Post a Comment